Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The First


This is my first "babbling" attempt. It is almost 2am..so I can't promise to make sense. I really am not sure what to talk about, what do you want to know? Dalton is doing great at his new daycare. He loves his teacher, Mrs. Claudia. He calls her "claudee". Its really cute. Drop offs are still a bit iffy, but improving. Dalton is still involved in speech therapy. Wendy ( or weebee in dalton speak) visits him at school twice a week. He really looks forward to seeing her. I will be sad when he ages out of his therapy (November). What else? Oh yes, potty training... well ... hmmm.. Dalton is doing it on his time. He tries to potty at school...most of the time it is a false alarm. But that is okay! Its a start. At home on the other hand..the kid is a urinating machine! LOL Either he has a bitty bitty bladder or he never really empties it. He will scream, "Dot dot pee pee potty!" and then we run to the bathroom..he gets situated on the potty..and looks down..and magically he goes potty! After he's "done" ..he looks up at the ceiling, closes his eyes, and screeches (squeals) "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS". So we do the happy dance, wash our hands, and run to tell Mamaw. Three minutes later..what do I hear? "Dot dot pee pee potty" .. Repeat all the above steps..Five minutes later...guess what? lol Yup..the kid wants to go again. Silly boy. I think he could be completely trained now if he wanted to..he just doesn't. I thought about trying to put in him big boy underwear one day and see what happens.. but I don't think I have enough pairs to last through the accidents. Okay...enough for now..comment me :-) Oh yeah.. I added a picture because I'm cool like that..it was last week. I can't get the boy to sit still long enough for a real picture, so this will have to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your first blog. You are going to be glad you did this. Think, if you keep this going for a year, you are going to have some kind of fun looking back on everything that has happened. YAY!

Sarah said...

Hey Christy!!