Monday, May 19, 2008

Job and Potty News

Job:

I will be rejoining the working soon! I got the call today. I start training for my new job on May 27th.

The most awesome things about this job:

  • My new co-workers seem like really cool people.
  • I will be getting base plus commission. The base is quite a bit more than my previous job.
  • The hours are KICK ASS. Instead of working my heiner off 9a-7p Monday thru Saturday, I will be working 8a-5p Monday thru Friday. No nights..no weekends!
  • I will have insurance I believe starting September 1st. This is long overdue.

There are many more things that make this job a great fit for me, but I won't bore you. Just wanted to share my news.

Potty:

*knock on wood* Guess who has jumped on the Potty Training Bandwagon! Yes, Dalton! The child that I was beginning to think would always be in pullups is so into going potty!!

  • Yesterday, he was in big boy underwear for at least 7 hours. No accidents!!
  • He is being bribed ;-) I found these little dinosaur capules in the $1 spot at Target on clearance. You just drop one in hot water and it breaks open and turns into a little dinosaur sponge. I got a pack of 12 for a quarter. He loves them.
  • He is all into picking cool underwear. He recently got Transformers, Diego and Spiderman undies to join his many Thomas the Train pairs. He picked out a pair to put in his backpack to take to school today. (Blue Diego if you are interested haha). He went from 8am until 5pm in those Diego undies with no accidents!!!!! This is HUGE news for us!
  • I bought a couple new Thomas the trains for end of the day presents if he does super good. He enjoys working hard to earn his gift. Last night he got the Giggling Tank cars, and today it was Stepney. I still have Hector and an age appropriate Transformer in the backroom.
  • He is so into bowling. The past 4-5 months I have told him once he wears big boy underwear all day and goes potty, then I will take him to the "bowling place". He remembers! The first thing he said to me when I was telling him how proud I was that he stayed in big boy undies all day was that he was going to get to go bowling and get bunches of strikes. lol
  • Fruit Loops. I have heard about putting cheerios in the potty to add to the Potty Fun from a few friends. Well, we don't have cheerios..but I did have Fruit Loops. So we put a couple in the potty after bathtime tonight. It was hilarious..the kiddo was stopping his urine midstream to change his aim to dunk a different color Fruit loop.

So all in all.. I think this week is going to turn out to be good.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

congratulations on the job!
And Go Dalton!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the job...the days and hours sound SUhWEEt:)