Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Wish List

This is the list of books I want to read that I mentioned in the previous post. (Some are authors I've never read before..I spent hours perusing www.bn.com looking for new reads.)


  • The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agaston.
    I read a bit about the SB Diet online the other night and thought it might be worth researching.. Anyone tried it? (Found this at McKay's for $2.00)


  • Audition by Barbara Walters
    I'm a dork.. I like reading Autobiographies. She led quite a life it seems.


  • Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin
    She is an author that I only recently became aware of...She has quite a few books out already ( Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof) She has a way of writing that will make you hate a character in one book..and then before you know it you are rooting for them. She rocks.


  • Sunday at Tiffany's by James Patterson
    Patterson is mostly known for his Alex Cross series of books (love them!!) but he also has a few books that touch your heart in a way that is rare (at least for me). Like Sam's Letters to Jennifer and Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.


  • Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella
    Kinsella is also the author of the Shopaholic series (a must read).


  • Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes (purchased at Mckay's but not read yet)
    Carolyn from my Mommy email loop first told me about Marian Keyes a summer or two ago. The first book I read by her was Other Side of the Story then I found Sushi for beginners and read it too. She is a fabulous story teller..you get lost in the world she writes about. I highly recommend reading anything by her. I also picked up Last Chance Saloon at McKays for $3.00) Also, I want to read Watermelon, Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married, Angels, and Anybody Out There?


  • 32AA, Call Waiting, and Confessions of a Serial Dater by Michelle Cunnah
    She is an author I stumbled upon browsing for books at the Barnes and Noble website. Her books seem like they would be a light hearted fun read.


  • Rebel Angels and Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
    I have mentioned Libba Bray in a previous blog...one of the favorite thing posts. These two books are the remainder of the trilogy that A Great and Terrible Beauty started.



So that is my want list...not that you wanted to know. At least now I have a hard copy of it, so when (not if) I lose the paper copy then I'm not screwed. lol

PS- I won't mention how damn long it took me to format this blog. Damn bullets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

South Beach Diet does work (I guess depending on the person - everyone is different) because Bill Clinton did it, and he lost a ton of weight.

I, too, want to read Audition. I always thought Barbara Walters was so demure and, well, prudish. Those are always the ones who have the seedy skanky pasts. I LOVE IT! And you know she is totally going to tell the truth about Star and Rosie. Hell, she is almost 80 and hugely successful. What does she have to lose by lying? She is officialy my hero!