Thursday, May 29, 2008

Update..

I got sidetracked with life.. lol Sorry.

I had a minor freak out that I didn't have anything appropriate to wear to work. An online order from Old Navy (Love their plus size dress pants...and the ones I loved most were on clearance!) and a trip to Fashion Bug..and I was set. Yay!

Sunday..I grilled steaks for the first time in my life. (I've only been grilling for almost a year). They turned out fabulous! I found the best seasoning.. Its by Mrs. Dash for Steaks and Damn..its good. I had been using the hamburger version..and its great too!

Monday (Memorial Day) ..Mom and I took Dalton to Fountain City Day in the Park. Its super fun. I went as a child..and I enjoy being able to take my boy too. They have booths set up selling handmade items..local restaurants set up booths with food as well, and local churches usually have a booth and something fun for the kids to do. Dalton did a game for the first time..it was one of those where you through a ball through the mouth of a fish (great big wooden thing...I suck at explaining..but surely you know what I mean) ...He got 4 tries for $2....everyone gets a prize...even if you don't actually win.. (super cool for the littles)..He got the last one in! He was so excited. He picked out a little toy and off we went. Another church had a great big blow up jumper thing..free too! Dalton was too scared to try it last year..but since he's "Big" now..he wanted to.. and he had a ton of fun. He got to play on the playground for ever...then he decided he wanted to ride the Horse..( they have horse drawn carriage rides thru the park ..on the track). He didn't chicken out either.. He was a bit nervous at first..but soon perked up. We were there for over 3 hours.

Then we stopped by CVS to get Mom's meds..and picked up some things.. Croc like shoes for Dalton to wear outside...a shaver ( he wants me to buzz his hair..), a few chairs for the porch...and new sunscreen.

We came home and I opened his slip and slide. I bought it at the end of last summer on clearance..and saved it. Lathered him up in more sunscreen..myself too..I was a bit red by this point.. He had a blast..thought it was the coolest thing.

I grilled hamburgers..and as I was grilling..it was beginning to look overcast.. The winds picked up as the sky was darkening.. I was silently begging my burgers to get done before the rain started..Well they didn't..about the time the rain started..our power went out. Did I mention Dalton freaks when our power goes out?? Yeah..kid freaked..once he found his flash light he calmed a tad. I finished the burgers in a hurry..and we had a "flashlight" picnic on the screened in porch by the pool. By the time we were done eating..our lights came back on.. Yay!

Tuesday..I started my new job. I had to be there by 8am..and its a good 15 minutes a way without traffic.. Poor Dalton..we were pulling up at the daycare at 7am..when they opened. He was confused because his friends hadn't showed up yet. lol I got to work with about 10 minutes to spare... Spent the day in training.. which is done via conference calls. The day went fast.. I get home and change clothes..and my poor ankle/cankle and calf were so swollen..almost up to my knee. It felt like a burning tingle.. very strange.. It once I put my feet up it started getting better. Today..they swelled up again..bad.. So I am going to look for a little stool I can rest my feet on at my desk. That helped when I was pregnant.

Umm..thinking.. I think that is all. Oh I do have pictures from Memorial Day..and I will try to upload them this weekend.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Girl you have been busy!!!

Heather said...

Christy I miss you on the loop girl! Glad to see things are going well for you!!!!!!!